Chamber of Commerce of Kazakhstan
Chamber of Commerce of Kazakhstan was founded on 29th of July 2014 and is a 100% subsidiary of the National Chamber of Entrepreneurs of Kazakhstan "Atameken".
The main task, which was set before the Chamber of Commerce of Kazakhstan – is representation of the interests of Kazakhstani business in foreign economic sphere.
To perform the tasks, the Chamber of Commerce of Kazakhstan carries out the following main activities:
- formation of business councils and other consultative and advisory bodies together with foreign organizations, in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and international treaties;
- organization and conduction of exhibitions, fairs and forums, including abroad;
- maintenance of the register of the held international exhibitions and fairs, national and regional exhibitions and fairs in the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as international exhibitions abroad, which involve the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- international marketing and advertising support for the promotion of Kazakhstani goods and services on the world market;
- provision of information, assessment, brokerage, marketing, advertising, translation and consulting services on foreign economic activity;
- collect, analyze and provide information on the legislation of all countries on the regulation of export-import, conduction of fairs, exhibitions, international trade and payments, the status of other issues related to international trade and internal activities;
- evidences force majeure in accordance with the terms of foreign trade and international treaties of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as trade and port practices, which are recognized in the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- evidences force majeure in accordance with the conditions of transactions and contracts concluded on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as the occurrence of “Hardship” circumstances in accordance with international practice;
- carries out other activities not prohibited by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
In its activities the Chamber of Commerce of Kazakhstan is guided by the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan, corresponding to it laws, other regulatory legal acts, international treaties ratified by the Republic of Kazakhstan, normative decrees of the Constitutional Council and the Supreme Court, the Charter of LLP "Chamber of Commerce of Kazakhstan."
Mission of the CCK: Contribute to the development of Kazakhstan's economy through the promotion of Kazakhstani business in foreign economic sphere
Tasks of CCK:
- technology transfer
- the development of trade
The main directions of activity of CCK:
- Development of Foreign Economic Relations
- Information Support
- Legal Support
- Business education
Function of CCK:
- Direct export promotion, internationalization of Kazakhstani business
- Marketing and exhibition and fair activities
- Attraction of investment and assistance to foreign companies
- Management and coordination of bilateral Business Councils
- Consulting and information - advisory functions
- Business Security and protection of investors' rights
The structure of the Chamber of Commerce of Kazakhstan
International and regional cooperation Unit: promotes establishment of strong international relations with foreign countries, provides support in the field of foreign trade activities, assistance in attraction of investments and finding partners.
Exhibition Unit: engaged in organization of business forums, B2B missions, exhibitions, etc., including with the participation of officials.
Legal unit: provides legal support to CCK in all areas, consults businesses / organizations on the issue of certificates on presence of force majeure (force majeure), shall review the documents submitted by businesses, confirming the force majeure, the preparation and issuance of relevant certificates.
From July 2014 CCK organized the following Business Councils:
- 1st meeting of the Kazakh-Dutch Business Council
- 7th meeting of the Kazakh-Dutch Business Council
- 3rd session of the Kazakh-Swiss Business Council
- Kazakh-French Business Council
CCK assisted JSC NWF Samruk-Kazyna to register and to invite participants to the Kazakh-Chinese Business Council, which was held in Astana on 14th December 2014.
Agreements and Memoranda
- Agreement on cooperation between the Chamber of Commerce of the Kyrgyz Republic and the Chamber of Commerce of Kazakhstan
- Agreement on cooperation between the Chamber of Commerce of Kazakhstan and the Republic of San Marino
- Memorandum on cooperation between the Chamber of Commerce of Kazakhstan and the All-Polish Chamber of Commerce
- Agreement between the Chamber of Commerce of Kazakhstan and the Union of Manufacturers of the Czech Republic
These agreements make it possible to expand trade and economic relations, increase business competitiveness between the Republic of Kazakhstan and foreign countries. One of the important mechanisms of signed agreements and memorandums is to improve the competitiveness of business in Kazakhstan and foreign countries, which will provide the basis for the development of closer commercial relations, increase bilateral investment and technology transfer.
Assistance was provided in conduction of the Kazakh-Polish business forum, B2B meetings of Kazakhstan and Turkey, the organization of business meetings with a delegation from the Kingdom of Thailand.